Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bring on the Boots!

So I went shopping with my friend yesterday down at Arundel Mills Mall, and while we were browsing a shoe store (solely for her; I don't really care much for shoes), I came across a stunning pair of boots. Now, these weren't just any ol' boots; they were brown, with little rusty gold studs on them, and had a very moderate heel. The stitching wound in curls and patterns, and I couldn't walk away. Nothing too fancy about them, except that they were perfect. My very own cowboy boots! Or, cowgirl, for that matter.

I had seen a couple of friends of mine catching on to the new trend, but I couldn't for the life of me find a pair that I liked; a pair that wouldn't necessarily make me look like I just walked right off the ranch, with not a "too-plastic-looking" leather exterior, and without a heel that would make me feel 8 feet tall. As a matter of fact, me and some other buds were talking about a friend's pair of cowboy boots and how we'd love to get some. One guy in particular, was questioning whether we thought it was weird that he wanted some for himself.

I was so excited to show my shopping buddy, but to my surprise, she just looked at me and laughed. She asked, "Are you serious, Nikki? I think you'll regret buying them when you get home. I think you just feel happy about being out of the York Galleria." So wrong she was!! I was ecstatic walking up to the register, swiping my card, and walking out of the store with the huge bag in hand. When I got home, I showed my boots off to my mom, and she didn't hesitate to stick her foot in them to check for a fit for future reference. I love my boots!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Arundel Mills Mall. Their movie theater is so cool too!

    ReplyDelete